Please go on youtube look up EARTHLINGS you will learn so much and know what animals go through...we can stop this make a difference in this world.
Eating 10 Videos
Filmmaker Mike Anderson was a witness as members of his immediate family and close friends were dying from complications of diseases that could have been avoided. His father died of cancer. His stepfather succumbed to heart disease. His mother broke her hip and was diagnosed with severe osteoporosis. His sister-in-law has diabetes. A close friend was diagnosed with cancer and then had a heart attack. The question he kept asking himself was: "How can I avoid going down the same road myself?"
After spending two years poring through thousands of articles in newspapers, magazines, and journals to find an answer to his question, Anderson concluded that all of these degenerative diseases could be prevented if people would embark on diet and lifestyle changes.
The information had such a profound effect on him that he adopted a low-fat vegan diet and in six months shed 35 pounds. Seeing the benefits in improving his own health, he decided he wanted to share his information in a film simply called Eating that first appeared in 2003.
"The project was born out of anger," says Anderson. " I was already in my 50's when I came across the full range of arguments for a plant-based diet. Quite frankly, I was stunned and angry because the arguments were so powerful, yet virtually unknown in the mainstream. I was also angry because of what I had been doing to my body, the environment, and the animals I was eating. Like most Americans, I never made the connection."
No comments:
Post a Comment